- Blueberries are packed with phytochemicals, antioxidants, flavonoids and soluble fiber and are high in potassium and vitamin C. They can reduce inflammation in the body and have disease-fighting properties that can help prevent cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Strawberries and cranberries have many of the same benefits as blueberries. All should be organic as high use of pesticides is common in their production.
- Leafy greens, such as spinach, Swiss chard, and collard greens deliver more nutrients per calorie than just about any other food. They are loaded with fiber and phytochemicals and are high in vitamins A, C, K, folate, potassium, and calcium.
- Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetable such as cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale, and cabbage contain cancer-fighting nutrients as well as high doses of calcium, folate, fiber, and vitamins A, C, K, E, and the B vitamins.
- Salmon, Wild caught salmon from the Pacific or Alaska is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can protect against heart disease and stroke. It is also high in protein, vitamin D, selenium, B2, B3, B6, and B12. Other fatty fish, such as sardines and mackerel, have similar benefits.
- Dried beans, peas, and lentils, also known as legumes, are high-energy foods that raise the level of a hormone that curbs appetite. They provide low-fat protein and heart-healthy insoluble fiber as well as calcium, potassium, folate, and the B vitamins. As a side dish in place of bread or potatoes, they keep you full longer.
- Nuts and seeds, especially walnuts, are loaded with healthy fats and minerals. While high in calories, just a handful a day is enough to deliver the benefits, including a form of vitamin E that helps protect the heart.
- Whole grains, brown rice, oats, barley, spelt, rye, farro, wild rice, and some forms of sprouted unrefined wheat. Quinoa is not technically a whole grain but has a similar nutritional profile. Unlike refined grains, whole grains retain the all-important bran and germ of the kernel, which is where a lot of the nutrients are. They provide disease-fighting phytochemicals and antioxidants along with B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium, iron, and fiber, and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and obesity. Most packaged products contain refined grains. Keep whole grains to moderation in your diet and stay away from refined grains.
- Avocado is loaded with potassium, fiber, healthy monounsaturated fats that protect the heart, and nutrients such as oleic acid, lutein, folate, and vitamin E that deliver protectivebenefits to the eyes and brain. Eating avocados can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Sauerkraut and its spicy cousin, kimchi, are “probiotic” foods that promote the growth of healthy bacteria and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut. They aid digestion by breaking down carbohydrates that we cannot digest on our own.
- Chocolate – yes,chocolate – but not just any chocolate and not in great quantity. A one-ounce serving of high-quality, dairy-free dark chocolate that’s at least 70% cocoa several times a week can improve blood flow and even lower blood pressure. It helps reduce inflammation and LDL cholesterol and it’s loaded with antioxidants.
Tag - superfoods
To answer the call for quick and easy lifestyle tips for maintaining vibrant health and expanding consciousness in a fast-paced modern world, Shamanic Healer and wellness educator Anahata Ananda of Shamangelic Healing Center in Sedona, AZ has created a new breakthrough Online Course “Enhance Your Health, Vitality and Spirituality.”[ad name=”AdSense Responsive”]
The quality of health directly affects the quality of life. Vibrant health is the foundation necessary for dreams to be manifest and fullest potential to be realized. It is easy for health to get compromised with this fast-paced on-the-go modern lifestyle of multitasking. But when the body has the proper fuel, is fully oxygenated, rested, balanced, connected and strong…THIS is when the magic in life begins.
Anyone can enhance their vitality, energy, clarity and spiritual health with these concepts. Through this course Anahata Ananda offers lifestyle practices such as meditation, yoga, healthy whole and organic foods, breathing exercises, clean water, and simple healthy recipes for vibrant health on-the-go that anyone can put to use in their busy lives. By implementing even just a few of the simple ideas and practices in this course, the journey of empowerment and unlimited possibilities begins. Anahata Ananda shows how, from this harmonious peaceful state, higher consciousness is accessible and the forces of creation can easily manifest.
This journey to vibrant health begins with 12 engaging videos, a comprehensive course handout and simple exercises for positively impacting all areas of life. There are no prerequisites for this course, and even first-time learners will appreciate the clear content, detailed exercises, and friendly pace. Quickly and easily implement these simple ideas into an easy to follow daily regimen to improve health, enhance vitality and expand consciousness.
As an energy healer, Anahata nourishes both the physical and emotional aspects of food, offering her deep experience and compassion to support every person’s goal for clear channels of awareness and optimal energy for living a joyful passionate life.
This Course Explores:
- Habits, Foods, Practices & Substances that Inhibit Health and Block Consciousness
- Habits, Foods, Practices & Substances that Enhance Health and Expand Consciousness
- The Energy and Alchemy of Superfoods
- The Benefits of Raw Foods, Organic & Unprocessed Foods
- The Benefits of Blended Foods
- Healthy and TASTY Superfood & Chocolate Smoothies Demos
- Support and mentorship toward health and lifestyle goals
- …and Lots More Recipes and Nutrition Tips
The “Enhance Your Health, Vitality & Spirituality” Online Course is just one of ten courses which will be available online in 2016. All ShamangelicHealing courses are designed to support and complement each other, providing an extensive health and spiritual wellness curriculum. The “Clear, Balance and Awaken Your Chakras,” course provides tools and practices to improve health, relationships, increase confidence, and empower one’s personal path and spiritual connection. Proper chakra energy center alignment also facilitates the body’s intake of vital nutrients.
To help people manage the stress of daily life Anahata Ananda also offers an Online Meditation Course, “Meditation Practices for Relaxation & Connection,” a practical course for people who want an easy yet powerfully effective technique for achieving a deep state of meditation. This course helps one to restore, relax and feel better equipped to manage their stress. To help establish and maintain nourishing relationships, Shamangelic Healing also offers “Tools for Maintaining Healthy Conscious Relationships,” a dynamic online course that can help put an end to the chaos, drama and pain of unhealthy relationships. This course offers practices and perspectives for better communication in relationships and how to respond with awareness and compassion to even the most challenging situations.Find these and other online courses at http://shamangelichealing.com/onlinecourses/
Shamanic Healer and Spiritual Counselor, Anahata Ananda, has trained extensively with gifted shamans, energy healers and spiritual teachers from around the world in order to artfully integrate the fields of spirituality, energy healing, self-empowerment, and shamanic teachings. Her client-base spans the globe with individuals from all walks of life who are seeking to heal and awaken to their fullest potential.
The Shamangelic Healing Center is based in Sedona, Arizona. It is nestled beneath Thunder Mountain, with 360 degrees of breathtaking views, and within walking distance to a medicine wheel and healing vortexes, making it the perfect setting for healing and expansion. With a beautiful interior that integrates all of the senses, clients will feel relaxed and calm while settling into a session. Clients seeking Spiritual awakening, transformational healing services, counseling, sacred land journeys or training courses may choose from a wide range of options that can be tailored for the ultimate personal experience.
For detailed descriptions and a calendar of the upcoming retreats, workshops, courses, and all services offered by Anahata Ananda, visit http://www.ShamangelicHealing.com
Spirulina; Natures Greatest All Round Food
by Sacha Tarkovsky
Spirulina has been around for over 3.5 billion years and is one of nature’s oldest and most nourishing foods.
It has been referred to as the most complete supplement of all and provides a massive amount of nutrients and health benefits.
Nature’s complete supplement
Spirulina is one of the most beneficial of all dietary supplements known. At 60 to 70% protein, it is higher in protein than any other natural food.
Spirulina is also rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Due to spirulina extremely high concentration of nutrients, it is very filling and can be used by those on a diet.
What is spirulina?
Spirulina straddles the period in evolutionary development when the plant and animal kingdoms differentiated.
Spirulina embodies the simplest form of life and is one of the most natural foods you can eat.
Spirulina is in fact 65 to 71 percent complete protein, with all essential amino acids in perfect balance.
In comparison, beef is only 22 percent protein and also has a photosynthetic conversion rate of 8 to 10 percent, compared to only 3 percent in such plants as soybeans.
An alternative to low nutrients of modern foods
Many processed foods are nutritionally empty and leave us vulnerable to poor health, disease and low energy.
This is where a natural supplement such as spirulina is so beneficial for overall health and vitality.
Medical evidence of benefits
It is recognized by the United Nations, the World Health Organization and NASA that spirulina provides crucial health benefits:
- It strengthens the immune system
- It supports cardiovascular health
- It helps in lowering cholesterol levels
- It improves gastrointestinal and digestive health
- It acts as a natural cleansing and detoxification
- Its antioxidant formulas help prevent cancer
The benefits of Spirulina
Spirulina contains one of the most powerful combinations of nutrients ever known in any grain, herb or food including the following: Beta carotene
Spirulina beta carotene is ten times more concentrated than carrots.
Vegetable protein without fat or cholestorol
Spirulina is the highest protein food with all the essential amino acids and has few calories.
Its protein yield is 10 times that of soybeans, 20 times that of corn and 200 times greater than that of beef.
Fatty acids for health
Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) helps develop healthy babies in pregnant women.
Studies show nutritional deficiencies can block GLA production in the body, Spirulina is the only whole food with GLA.
Iron & minerals
Iron is essential to build a strong system and is the most common mineral deficiency. In fact, at least one laboratory study has demonstrated that the iron level in spirulina is equivalent to that contained in beef.
Spirulina is also rich in magnesium, zinc, copper, selenium, and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid).
High in B Complex vitamins
Spirulina is the highest source of B-12, one of the most important vitamins and essential for healthy nerves and tissue.
In addition, Spirulina is one of the few plant sources of vitamin B12, usually found only in animal tissues.
A teaspoon of Spirulina supplies 21/2 times the Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamin B12 and contains over twice the amount found in liver.
Sulfolipids & glycolipids, and the rainbow of natural pigments that give spirulina its deep green coloring.
Green (chlorophyll), blue (phycocyanin) and orange (carotenoids) colors absorb the sun’s energy and help growth.
Chlorophyll is a natural cleanser and is prevalent in Spirulina.
Green foods are good for everyone
Most people don’t eat the recommended 5+ servings of fruits and vegetables per day and this is where Spirulina can fill the gap. It can be taken in pill or in powder form with fruit juice and provides quick and easy nourishment
Spirulina is natural, packed with goodness, filling and is easy to take, so discover the benefits of this amazing food and make it part of your overall diet today.
Ten Superfoods to Promote Your General Wellbeing
by Bill BlassMcall
Ever wondered what are the 10 superfoods that will promote your health? Super foods are especially deep in nutrients and short in calories, which means that we can have them knowing we are doing our bodies a favour! Superfoods are marvelous sources of anti-oxidants and essential nutrients and could be found in the class of greens, nuts, fruit, and seaweed as well as a few herbs. So if you aspire to obtain the benefits of nature’s health-giving nutrients, then hereabouts is a checklist of superfoods to make you look and feel grand!
1. Goji Berries – These berries are a superfood because they have more vitamin C than any other fruit. In addition, these magnificent berries comprise vitamin B1, B2, B6, An and E, 18 amino acids and 21 trace minerals making them a remarkable source of protein as well! Goji berries are a mighty antioxidant too, serving to slow down the aging process as well as defend against disease.
2. Acai berry- Acai berries contain a lot of antioxidants which help in combating the signs of premature aging. They are brimming with 10 times more antioxidants than red grapes. In addition they hold a synergy of monounsaturated fats, phytosterols and dietary fibre that helps promote digestive and cardiovascular health.
3. Coconuts – drinking the juice of young coconuts will instantly boost your energy due to their rich content of electrolytes. Our bodies carry electrolytes contained in our cells, which are responsible for transporting energy. What’s better, the molecular structure of coconut water is the same as that of human blood plasma, which means the body puts the goodness straight to use; coconuts are easily one of the ten superfoods as they are a completely natural source that will give your energy levels a healthy increase.
4. Green leafy vegetables – Green leafy vegetables are superb superfoods that are easily available to all of us. Pretty much anything green and leafy is confirmed to supply you with protein, enzymes many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, A, C, folic acid, magnesium and iron. In addition these greens are rich in well chlorophyll which helps blood deliver magnesium and oxygen to all of the body’s cells. Spinach, rocket, watercress, lettuce and chicory added to you salad could help prevent heart disease and cancer, cleanse the liver and maintain a healthy immune system.
5. Oily Fish – Oily fish are superfoods due to their high content of vitamins and minerals and especially as a result of they are high in Omega 3 fats, known for decreasing the risk of heart attack. In addition, Omega 3 fats help to prevent depression and protect against dementia. A few of the fish included in this category are: Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines and Herring.
6. Whole Grain – Whole grains are a dependable source of B vitamins, Vitamin E, magnesium, iron and fibre. Including these superfoods in your diet lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke, diabetes, cancer and digestive disorders. Whole grains include: oats, brown rice, wild rice, millet and quinoa, all easily available superfoods!
7. Beans and lentils- Beans are dependable sources of potassium, which may help lessen the risk of stroke and high blood pressure. Dry beans are a reputable source of folic acid, which defend you against heart diseases by breaking down an amino acid called homocysteine. Lentils on the other hand are rich in protein and low in fat.
8. Allium Family- This includes onions, leek, garlic and chives which are superfoods due to containing flavonoids that advocate the production of glutathione. Glutathione enhances the eradication of carcinogens and toxins. For this reasons the Allium family could help prevent cancer, lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of blood clots.
9. Pumpkin- Enormously high in fiber and low in calories, pumpkin packs a bounty of disease-fighting nutrients, including potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and vitamins C and E. Rich in carotenoids, pumpkins have been related to a host of health- promoting and disease-fighting activities. They have been shown to reduce the risk of various cancers, including those of the lung, colon, bladder, cervical, breast, and skin.
10. Avocado- One of the most nutrient-dense foods, avocados are rich in fiber, folate, potassium, vitamin E, and magnesium. In addition they are high in monounsaturated fat (oleic acid), which may help lower cholesterol, making it an freely available superfood.
The best thing about superfoods is that most of them are readily available and tasty! Including these ten superfoods in your diet will promote overall health and make you look and feel excellent inside and out!