Ten Superfoods to Promote Your General Wellbeing
by Bill BlassMcall
Ever wondered what are the 10 superfoods that will promote your health? Super foods are especially deep in nutrients and short in calories, which means that we can have them knowing we are doing our bodies a favour! Superfoods are marvelous sources of anti-oxidants and essential nutrients and could be found in the class of greens, nuts, fruit, and seaweed as well as a few herbs. So if you aspire to obtain the benefits of nature’s health-giving nutrients, then hereabouts is a checklist of superfoods to make you look and feel grand!
1. Goji Berries – These berries are a superfood because they have more vitamin C than any other fruit. In addition, these magnificent berries comprise vitamin B1, B2, B6, An and E, 18 amino acids and 21 trace minerals making them a remarkable source of protein as well! Goji berries are a mighty antioxidant too, serving to slow down the aging process as well as defend against disease.
2. Acai berry- Acai berries contain a lot of antioxidants which help in combating the signs of premature aging. They are brimming with 10 times more antioxidants than red grapes. In addition they hold a synergy of monounsaturated fats, phytosterols and dietary fibre that helps promote digestive and cardiovascular health.
3. Coconuts – drinking the juice of young coconuts will instantly boost your energy due to their rich content of electrolytes. Our bodies carry electrolytes contained in our cells, which are responsible for transporting energy. What’s better, the molecular structure of coconut water is the same as that of human blood plasma, which means the body puts the goodness straight to use; coconuts are easily one of the ten superfoods as they are a completely natural source that will give your energy levels a healthy increase.
4. Green leafy vegetables – Green leafy vegetables are superb superfoods that are easily available to all of us. Pretty much anything green and leafy is confirmed to supply you with protein, enzymes many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, A, C, folic acid, magnesium and iron. In addition these greens are rich in well chlorophyll which helps blood deliver magnesium and oxygen to all of the body’s cells. Spinach, rocket, watercress, lettuce and chicory added to you salad could help prevent heart disease and cancer, cleanse the liver and maintain a healthy immune system.
5. Oily Fish – Oily fish are superfoods due to their high content of vitamins and minerals and especially as a result of they are high in Omega 3 fats, known for decreasing the risk of heart attack. In addition, Omega 3 fats help to prevent depression and protect against dementia. A few of the fish included in this category are: Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines and Herring.
6. Whole Grain – Whole grains are a dependable source of B vitamins, Vitamin E, magnesium, iron and fibre. Including these superfoods in your diet lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke, diabetes, cancer and digestive disorders. Whole grains include: oats, brown rice, wild rice, millet and quinoa, all easily available superfoods!
7. Beans and lentils- Beans are dependable sources of potassium, which may help lessen the risk of stroke and high blood pressure. Dry beans are a reputable source of folic acid, which defend you against heart diseases by breaking down an amino acid called homocysteine. Lentils on the other hand are rich in protein and low in fat.
8. Allium Family- This includes onions, leek, garlic and chives which are superfoods due to containing flavonoids that advocate the production of glutathione. Glutathione enhances the eradication of carcinogens and toxins. For this reasons the Allium family could help prevent cancer, lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of blood clots.
9. Pumpkin- Enormously high in fiber and low in calories, pumpkin packs a bounty of disease-fighting nutrients, including potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and vitamins C and E. Rich in carotenoids, pumpkins have been related to a host of health- promoting and disease-fighting activities. They have been shown to reduce the risk of various cancers, including those of the lung, colon, bladder, cervical, breast, and skin.
10. Avocado- One of the most nutrient-dense foods, avocados are rich in fiber, folate, potassium, vitamin E, and magnesium. In addition they are high in monounsaturated fat (oleic acid), which may help lower cholesterol, making it an freely available superfood.
The best thing about superfoods is that most of them are readily available and tasty! Including these ten superfoods in your diet will promote overall health and make you look and feel excellent inside and out!