Health Secrets of the Palmistsam
by T. Stokes
Working at an alternative medical clinic, we would often get referrals from enlightened allopathic doctors, and just as the reflexology pointers in the foot can be important health markers, so traditional palmistry teachings can be a significant early warning in assisting good health.
Amongst the most visible signals in the hand are these easy to remember pointers.
* palm colour, most common malady seen in young women and again in those in their fifties is iron anaemia, check to bend back fingers and see if the lines go a very pale pink.
At times I have even seen the palmer lines go white, further check by pulling down the eyelid, the paler the pink shows an entrenched condition.
A quick look at the tongue for iron anaemia, will further ensure if smooth and pale.
This is a better check than that from your G.P, which is not sensitive, and will vary according to where you are on your menstrual cycle.
* Again on bending back the fingers a browny colour in the palm centre which may also attend the fingernails, would point to elimination difficulties, e. g. constipation this if seen with a long tubular fingernail, the cause can be from spinal difficulty, often a sign from giving difficult birth.
* palm colour yellow or even a deep red can be liver problem, check for nail abnormalities, and what palmists call a “ full hand” meaning a lot of central crease lines, which is one pointer to gastrointestinal anomalies such as celiac disease, candida overgrowth etc, this palmer pattern is one of the “cocktail signals” of prolonged anxiety.
* Sporting ability and excess energy is a wide sweep of a deep life line out into the hand, with raised and firm musculature, firm broad mounts in a wide strong hand also shortish fingers with a long ring finger, this is often seen with overactive children and youngsters.
* The British medical journal says that 60% of all British deaths are from cardio-vascular disorders, clubbed nails, and osteoarthritis in the fingers are early warning signs, but particularly in the metacarpophalangeal joints, and the proximalinterphalangeal joints, ( knuckles)
Women with painful finger joints were 43% more likely to develop later heart problems.
Another sign is very broken upper transverse crease ( line of heart ) with abnormal or uneven nail moons, or a very cold hand showing circulation impairment.
Scientists at Liverpool university examined palmists findings and also concurred that shorter ring fingers than first fingers in men increased early heart attack potential with men in their 30s and 40s
Hypocrates and Empedocles were aware of many of these signals in ancient times.
Heavy basal phalanges. Palmists divide the hand into 3 sections, when the finger basal phalange adjoining the palm is very thick, and if there is particularly abdominal obesity, especially when red in colour, if seen with a nail curving both ways.
Can be heart warning indicators.
The lunalae ( nail moon) will give further info.
Examination in detail of the heart line, can give important pointers here.
* Both Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and diabetes exhibit palmer muscle wastage, diabetes must be examined with the cardio-vascular pointers, and M.E and anorexia will show signs of extreme malnourishment, including nail down-ridging or splitting.
* Lines on the first phalanges ( fingertips) can indicate glandular anomalies, especially if the hand is cold, damp or stiff as in arthritic conditions
* Raynaud’s disease, this condition is when the fingers go into spasm because of intermittent blood supply, it was a common condition with coal miners and is also seen with workers who use road digging machinery, or drills.
The vibration can cause a white looking numbness that is very painful.
* Breast cancer , women can check their fingers for future indications of breast cancer if the first finger is bigger ( stands higher ) in the hand than the ring finger, Studies by professor manning suggest that in the womb testosterone relates to the first finger and oestrogen the ring finger, incidentally palmists recognise tamoxifen poisoning by a brown discolouration at the nail sides, and the heart line will often show a dip deep under the ring finger, if a lump occurs in the heart line here, called a palmer nodules, see you G.P as it may be a warning for dupuytrens contracture or cardio vascular weakness, note whether it is solid or soft, and whether it is moveable or not.
* Arthritis early signs are always the finger knuckles, particularly if inflamed, usual signs are stiff or bent fingers, this is one of the disorder range that usually attacks those with short fingers ( brachydactily) look for a thumb that lays close to the hand, and down-ridged nails.
* A very narrow palm with pale long fingers is one sign of a premature birth, look for the attendant health anomalies, such as cardio-vascular sensitivity, monitor possible gastric area problems, and expect wisdom teeth difficulty.
Very flexible thumbs are often seen in gymnasts, and in later life joint problems can relate to gynaecological weakness, particularly stress incontinence, such as urine leakage with lifting young children etc.
* Lung problems look for the colour under the nail, when pressed a blue colour or even a purple patch over the moon may be a significant factor, blood with oxygen is light red, with carbon dioxide dark reddy blue.
Hypocrates the father of modern medicine, noted that splayed nails, or double curvature nails, are pointers from emphysema to infectious diseases but particularly pulmonary and cardiovascular disorders.
* A common problem now are eating disorders, look for signs of anaemia, under nourishment, and B.M.I anomalies ( body mass index) often seen with a cold hand which can be one sign of deep anxiety or attendant glandular difficulty, look for a full hand, and often seen with the tell-tale signs of lines down from the corner of the mouth, from continually being sick, a rare sign in a young face telling of habitual anorexia.
And white blotches on very pale nails.
* One of the most interesting things that palmists can determine, is the diet and lifestyle of the mother, while pregnant, from signs in the child’s hand.
Poor diet, alcohol consumption anti biotic and anti-depressant use, all show, in fact data from the Max Planc institute, says the life, and health of your baby was determined by what your mother ate and drank when you were in the womb.
This is a thumbnail sketch only, from chirognomic indicators, palmer lines will add the details.
Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can be determined along with much other info. from the handprint, in a deeper analysis.
Although palmists are part of the complementary and alternative agenda, if anything here rings true to you, see your G.P.
“ Happy Palmistry”
T. Stokes palms read by post or email at: email@example.com, www.t-stokes.co.uk